A rematch of Pena’s shocking upset victory is set for July 30 in Dallas
The Octagon has landed in the Lone Star State for its latest PPV. UFC is back in Texas with a massive event on deck as UFC 277 heads to the American Airlines Center in Dallas with a pair of title fights on tap. In the main event, women’s bantamweight champion Julianna Pena looks to prove any doubters remaining wrong when she rematches the woman she took the title from in Amanda Nunes. Plus, interim flyweight gold is up for grabs when former titleholder Brandon Moreno battles Kai Kara-France in a rematch of their epic 2019 battle.
“I think I have always had the mental edge when it comes to Amanda,” Pena told “Morning Kombat” in April ahead of the TUF premiere. “I have been calling out this fight for the last five years and she has always made an excuse to find a way to get out of every fight that we had. Obviously, the way I say things and how I approach has bothered her and she has made that very clear.”
The undercard also features some heavy hitters in the biggest weight classes. Texas native and former title challenger Derrick Lewis is back when he welcomes the latest rising contender at heavyweight in Sergei Pavlovich. Plus, another former title challenger is set for his return when light heavyweight Anthony Smith battles rising contender Magomed Ankalaev in what could determine the next challenger to the 205-pound title.
Can’t get enough boxing and MMA? Get the latest in the world of combat sports from two of the best in the business. Subscribe to Morning Kombat with Luke Thomas and Brian Campbell for the best analysis and in-depth news, including the biggest questions heading into UFC 277 below.
That and much more are on deck for Dallas. Be sure to stay locked to this page for the latest news and updates to the fight card.
UFC 277 fight card, odds
Odds via Caesars Sportsbook
- Amanda Nunes -270 vs. Julianna Pena (c) +220, women’s bantamweight championship
- Brandon Moreno -210 vs. Kai Kara-France +175, interim flyweight championship
- Sergei Pavlovich -140 vs. Derrick Lewis +120, heavyweight
- Alexandre Pantoja -200 vs. Alex Perez +170, flyweight
- Magomed Ankalaev -550 vs. Anthony Smith +400, light heavyweight
- Matthew Semelsberger -155 vs. Alex Morono +130, welterweight
- Drew Dober -170 vs. Rafael Alves +145, lightweight
- Don’Tale Mayes -180 vs. Hamdy Abdelwahab +155, heavyweight
- Drakkar Klose -220 vs. Rafa Garcia +180, lightweights
- Michael Morales -650 vs. Adam Fugitt +475, welterweight
- Joselyne Edwards -125 vs. Ji Yeon Kim +105, women’s flyweight
- Nicolae Negumereanu -115 vs. Ihor Potieria -105, light heavyweight
- Orion Cosce -180 vs. Blood Diamond +155, welterweight
UFC 277 info
- Date: July 30
- Location: American Airlines Center — Dallas
- Start time: 10 p.m. ET (Main card) | Price: $74.99
- How to watch: ESPN+ PPV
UFC 277 countdown
- Staff predictions and expert picks for the main card
- Campbell: Why Pena vs. Nunes 2 could look very different
- Brookhouse: Three best bets to consider on Saturday
- Mahjouri: Smith details overcoming mental struggles
- Mahjouri: Three fights outside of main event to watch
- Campbell: Five biggest storylines to watch in Dallas
Who wins UFC 277: Peña vs. Nunes 2? And what other picks do you need to see? Visit SportsLine now to get detailed top picks on UFC Fight Night, all from the insider who’s up more than $10,000 on MMA picks the past two years, and find out.